thesimplethingsinlife


Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night!

Ok, so I've done my bitching about the holidays and I have taken some time to refresh and read some random blogs. I noticed that many many people are very stressed about Christmas and just can't seem to find thier Christmas Spirit. I'm here to help!
Me and Mine went for our annual ride around town to look at what people had for light displays tonight. It was very rewarding. We saw some very pretty displays and here are just a few.

The first of course is the true reason for this holiday...to celebrate the Birth of The Christ Child. The giving of gifts at Christmas isn't about what you are going to recieve. It is about the offerings that the wise men brought to manger to give to the babe.

The second picture is one that reminds us of the magic of today's Christmas...The way the children get excited over the gifts they recieve. Santa's train above is loaded with the goodies of the holiday and we often think of Santa in the wrong way. He isn't a big commercialized symbol of the Holiday. He is as the wise men were...offering gifts to show love to all the children of the world.

The last picture is one from town that is the most decorated house here. Every inch of the yard is covered with some sort of Christmas display. To me they go a little overboard here but if this is what makes these people happy then let it be.

We all enjoyed our little outing today and I returned home with that warm fuzzy feeling you are SUPPOSED to have this time of year. We fully intended to come home to watch Christmas Shows on the tube...Nestor of course...one of my favorites! We got home a little late and ended up not watching it, but never fear, I have it recorded! YAY!

I hope these pictures make you all as happy as they made me. Sorry about the quality of them but there is only so much you can do with a digital camera inside a moving vehicle. I thought the came out ok considering. This finally picture comes with a blessing and a huge MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! NOW, GO GET INTO THE SPIRIT PEEPS!