thesimplethingsinlife


Friday, December 23, 2005
The Tables Have Turned, Once Again! ARGH!!

Ok, my last post was a happy one...now I'm back to being miserable. I'm trying not to be but at this point I just can't help it. I am hating the holiday this year like I have no other. I want it all to be OVER NOW!!!
The shopping has left be broke beyond words and I am so sick of the Go Go Go that always seems to fill my days. I long for quiet days and evenings in front of a good movie curled, cuddled with hubby on the couch. I long for walks in the evenings with baby girl, just talking aobut "things". Nope, we haven't been getting that here.
This is how the holiday will go around here. First, Hubby is working second shift and that means he leaves at noon and doesn't get home until 10:30 at night. He will leave tomorrow just as Mom and I are beginning to cook for her party tomorrow night. It will be the same old food with the same old people and I will be having just a grande ole' time. NOT! People will mingle in and out for the better part of the day, until they all decide they've had enough and they will leave about a half hour before Hubby gets home. That means he will miss ALL the festivities. The night will end with baby Girl heading to bed and we will scurry around puttine presents under the tree and filling her stocking. Then Christmas morning will come and it will all be over before we can even blink (I have mixed feelings about this). We will rise at about 6:00, if we are lucky, and all will shower and eat breakfast, which will consist of oatmeal or cereal...No fancy schmancy food here (have tried that before and we just aren't big eaters in the mornings). After that we will share gifts with Baby and then start picking up the mess. By the time I'm putting the turkey in the oven for Christmas Dinner, Hubby will be heading out the door to go back to the mill. It SUCKS! It's day's like this that I want him to be home! People will arrive at my house, not many, mom and dad, an aunt and uncle and very doubtfully my sister and her family. Whoever comes will have a beautiful meal with nice table sttings and candles lit. I always make it way too beautiful for these people to appreciate. I will work my ass off and although everyone will be full, and satisfied, it will seem like a whole lot of work for not much at the end.
I am trying to keep a positive outlook...for Baby Girls sake. And I will be happy and merry and go around with bells on. I will be faking it big time!
Oh, and to close this out I'll let you all in on a little secret...I have to do all this with what I think is an ear infection...woke up this morning and my left ear is killing me. No fever but feel like shit anyway! And I'd be willing to bet money that the Doctor won't be in today...and I am NOT going to the hospital and pay an outrageous bill just for an ear infection...I will suffer through and be miserable! With that I'll say to you all MERRY CHRISTMAS! and I really mean that, even though I'm not being very festive. Love to you all!