thesimplethingsinlife


Monday, December 26, 2005
One More Christmas Past! (or is that Passed?)

So I survived Christmas! YAY FOR ME! And I can see you all did also. My Holiday started out with an ear infection two days before the actual holiday. Other than a low grade fever and half of my head feeling like it got kicked in I didn't feel taht badly. Antibiotics were prescribed and all is "better". At least my head doesn't feel like I've been bashed anymore. The drugs made me feel very depressed about an hour or so after taking them so I spent Friday afternoon in tears for more than two hours...everything felt like impending doom to me. So, tomorrow is my last day of meds and every day I've had that same feeling, always aobut an hour after taking the antibiotic so I know it has to be some weird reaction to it.
Christmas Eve was at my mothers house, as usual. Same people from year to year and same type of food. It was fine though. Everyone socialized and Tim and I had some friends we don't see that often stop by and we had a nice visit. Tim worked second shift so that meant him leaving at noon both days and not getting home until 10:30 at night. So, he missed the Christmas Eve festivities (except for our old friends taht came back to see him at about 11:00 p.m.) and I missed him.
Christmas morning started at 6:30. It was a little early but with hubby leaving at noon we wanted to get in as much time together as possible. First was the opening of gifts!








Baby Girl with her new Skis!

Me hating the impending mess I know I'm going to spend half the day cleaning up! But I AM smiling just the same!










Hubby Loving his new Computer Hunting games! Well, at least I know where he'll be for at least three hours a day!

Ignatious Thistlewhite enjoying his new Homegrown Catnip toy! He still has that glare in his eyes and it's now the day AFTER!!! Where can I get my hands on that kind of Happy Pill?

Everyone had a nice time opening thier gifts and the mess wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hubby helped a lot before leaving for work.

Later in the day I had some family, Mom and Dad, Sister and her family, and Aunt and Uncle come for a candlelit dinner. Turkey Breast and Honey Glazed Ham with all the fixings and Eclair Squares and Cocnut Cheesecake for dessert. After all becoming very stuffed we sat around relaxing from the days events and socialized. People left at about 8:00 p.m. and after baby Girl and I layed on the couch watching a movie. The mess of the house would wait.

This brings us to today...the day AFTER! Started with cheering practice for a couple hours this morning that went fine...although only 7 of my girls showed up. I have made a mental note to speak with them about commitment! After that I headed home to straighten up the house. The tree went out and the living room was moved around and now all is back to organized, well somewhat! I still have to vac and mop and do a shitload of laundry but as Scarlet said "Tomorrow is another day!"

This is Baby with that Day After Look! She has a terrible cold and is very wore out from all the activity. I see another evening laying around watching tv ahead and that doesn't hurt my feelings at all. She'll kill me for posting this pic. She wasn't too thrilled when I took it!

If you've been surfing blogs you may have read about some unusual gifts. Over at Mels you will find her Hubby's favorite gift of a blow up wife, for those nights when Mel has a headache! Over at Sheri's you will find her most special gift from the dog.

This is my contribution to MOST UNUSUAL GIFTS! It is very ZEN. A gift from my sister, I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be. You fill the basin with water and a pump feeds the water up through tubing and out the fish's mouth and from the center of the flat ivy leaves. The water cascades down and makes the waterwheels spin and the water from the fish makes the marble ball spin at the bottom. It is all copper and it is very "pretty". She had it imported from India (from some granite company she does business with for her own business of "momuments" for the cemetaries) so I should be thrilled that she went through such thought and trouble to get me something nice. I just don't know! It's DIFFERENT! I usually like different things but this is just too "UNUSUAL"!

I'd like to hear about all the unusual things that came out of your Christmases so please post about them for me. I AM SO GLAD IT'S ALL OVER!!! I've had a smile on my face the entire day! YAY FOR ME! Now life can start getting back to normal! HOPEFULLY!