thesimplethingsinlife


Saturday, December 31, 2005
Reflections...

It's funny how on this day every year we all take a moment to look back on everything that has taken place over the past year. Most of us look back with a few regrets, a few happy memories, a few disappointments, and then we look forward with new hopes for the coming year. All of us make resolutions and most of us never stick to even one of them and then we kick ourselves in the ass at the end of the year. I am no exception to this. Last year I had some high hopes for myself...some of which I made happen and then some of which I never thought about again. Hubby and I are getting along better than we have in years...who would have know that birth control pills can take the oomph out of a relationship. Baby girl has had her ups and downs and she's finishing out her year kind of down, trying to figure out where she fits in. Finances are at a lull. We are keeping our heads above water but just barely. I have made some very happy memories. I have enjoyed some family outings and made some lasting friendships that I never expected. I even resolved some bad issues with my sister so now at least we are speaking to each other after three years of not speaking at all. For the most part the family stayed healthy. Mom is still sick but improving every day. And I am a bit concerned about another family member that seems a little messed up at the moment. But other than that we have all held it together pretty well. I did lose someone very close to me this year...a man who was like my other Dad. It is a great loss and I will miss him immensely for years ot come. We also had some new life come into ours this past year...Welcome Neally! She is about seven months old now and what a beautiful child.
This brings me to the coming year and what I expect out of it. I have the same old, same old resolutions...
To eat healthier
To lose some weight
To exercise more
To get a handle on finances
To better myself as a person any way I can
...and as most of us will, those resolutions will be broken or forgotten by February.
Some things that I do hope for in the coming year...
More togetherness with family members
More self confidence in myself
For everyone to stay healthy
To find a way to improve my family's outlook on life
And to just find time to have some good old fashioned fun!

So, even though this is a short post, this is what is on my mind this December 31st, 2005. I am looking forward, maybe just a little bit hesitantly, to the year 2006. I am hoping for the best and expecting the same ups and downs as with every year. My fingers are crossed for a Happy New Year!