thesimplethingsinlife


Monday, January 30, 2006
BUSY! BUSY! But I'm fine Scotty...Thanks For asking!

Life has been a whirl-wind for me lately. It can never just seem to go along at an even keel. I'm either bored completely out of my mind or so busy that my head won't stop spinning. At the moment I'm spinning out of control.
~My Personal Life~ Well, there isn't much to tell here. Hubby and I are just going through the motions of every day. He is working unbelievable hours and when he does get a day off there is a ton of stuff to take care of, errands, games to go to, family obligations. We haven't had much time to spend together and I've had too much time away from him and I'm starting to think not so good thoughts. I wonder what it will be like for us after Baby Girl is off on her own. I know it's a few years away but the time will go quickly. Our lives revolve around her and I just don't know what it will be like when she's gone. Hubby and I have a very good relationship and I can't imagine life without him in it. But I also have noticed that he never wants to be "alone" with me. Yes, we are alone to keep the fires burning but other than that we do nothing together as a couple. He doesn't want to go on trips with me (not that we could afford it), and even just the other day there was a mention of Valentines Day coming up. Instead of saying something like "We should go out for the evening" he simply said, "You'll have to go pick up some flowers for Baby Girl since I won't have time with all the hours I'm working." I know his intentions are good but I think what it will be like when she isn't here to buy flowers for. Will he actually buy them for me? I have my doubts.
~ My Health~ So far so good on this aspect. I am completely stressed out about some things but at least so far I haven't got the viruses going around...Knock on Wood! Baby Girl has been sick for what seems like months. The virus she had when I posted last is still with her. She was left pretty weak form it and she now has a head cold that is one of the worst she has had. The drugs seem to be working though. She gets into these coughing fits that just don't stop and that is adding to my stress by keeping me up at night. I did take some ME time this past weekend though and searched a few blogs and relaxed as much as I could. I've noticed lately that I get lame without even doing anything strenuous and that has me a little concerned. My mother has Rhumatoid Arthritis and I know it's hereditary. I guess it's time for me to keep an eye on myself, just in case it doesn't skip this generation. I'm crossing my fingers that the lameness is just from a little shoveling and oddball housework I've been doing.
~My Job~ The basketball season is coming to an end quickly and I can't say that it upsets me. I am more than ready to NOT be coaching the cheerleaders! We had our last FULL practice day today and it was on a sour note. Half the girls just wanted to goof off and not pay attention. A couple of them even got a bit lippy with me and that just didn't set right. All it seemed to do was set the tone for the remainder of the practice session and by the end of two hours I along with the "good" half of the squad was extremely frustrated. At this age level the girls are more interested in what boys are watching them in the stands than they are in doing the elements of cheerleading properly and safely. I am switching up the stunting groups for the remainder of the season, just so the girls don't get bored with the five games we have left to cheer. I hope I don't regret it in the end. We meet again on Wednesday for a double game night and we have about a half hour to warm up, stretch, and try to execute the routine before heading to the gym. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all turns out fine. I'm sure it will. Again, this is just a busy portion of my life that has me a tad stressed right now.
~ Miscellaneous!~ Along with all my coaching responsibilities, I'm also trying to be the good Auntie and see my nephew and niece in their baskeball games. My niece is done I think and then my nephew has another couple of weeks, but I think only two home games. I'll be glad when February vacation is here so we can put it behind us.
Mom and Dad have been a little better healthwise and that has been a blessing. I have to drive Dad to a couple of tests in the next couple of weeks. Don't I just Love that! NOT! Mom is doing a lot better but slips in and out of depression and of course, living right beside them makes it too easy for me to slip into depressin also. I've been trying to stay away as much as possible and all that is accomplishing is making me more tired and more stressed. At least I'm not stressed in a "Bad" way, just a busy one! Auntie Deb has gone to Florida for the winter and I'm taking care of her mail and looking after her house while she's gone. I think she's lonely, she calls me about five out of seven nights a week, usually late, and talks for at least an hour. Like I have time or energy for that! I even didn't answer the phone one time and that just isn't like me. I usually don't dodge phone calls, makes me feel too quilty. Auntie Dodie has gone to Florida for the winter also. She is the Aunt I work for cleaning the office on weekends. I have had to run errands for her for stuff for the office that the office secrataries can't seem to find time for. At least she's paying me a little extra for my trouble. Her husband will be coming back form Florida ina couple of weeks and I'm going to have to take care of him by doing his laundry and cleaning her house. Should be fun trying to manage two households. I've done it before though and at least cheering will be over by the time he gets back.
~Back to the job for a moment~ Sports Banquet is coming up and I need to speak in front of about 50 people. The sports teams will be dispersing into seperate rooms so the banquet won't take as long, and I won't have to speak to parents I don't even know. I am still feeling like throwing up every time I think about it. I just don't do well with public speaking. I've decided that instead of winging it I'm going to type up a speech of some kind. I think it will be easier on me. I know I will be fine and part of the fun of it is all this anticipation beforehand. Still I have a ton of butterflies in there. I fear looking like and idiot! Gosh I'll be so glad when this coaching stint of mine is OVER! ARGH!
~ Baby Girl~ There has been a few new developments with my wonderful little girl. She came home a few days ago and blew me away when she started talking aobut a seventh grade boy. (remember she's in 8th grade) I guess she has quite the crush on him and according to her he's SO HOT! He asked her tonight online if she was a good kisser and she wasn't even embarrassed to tell him she's never kissed or been kissed. So, I guess it's HERE WE GO! Am I ready for this stage in my daughters life? I thought I was until it happened. (I bet Mel is laughing her ass off right now!) So, I'm sure I'll be posting about thisin the next few weeks. Who knows, maybe nothing will come of it! It'll be interesting to see how long before she brings him home to meet the parents! I'll keep you all posted. Young Love is the best!

That's it for this post. It's really late and I'm so tired I feel like I'm going to drop. I'll try to post more often and rest assured that Julie is OK! Just too busy to enjoy blogging lately! I'll be back soon, hopefully! Kisses to all!