thesimplethingsinlife


Friday, January 20, 2006
Today!

So here it is, another day. My cold is much better...I guess there is something to this Zicam stuff. It seemed to work.
Cheering is going good. The girls did their entire halftime dance routine last night for the first time and it went really great. Nobody feel out of thier stunts and their motions were pretty good. There is still room for improvement but for the overall, they rocked! They were all so nervous that it was making me nervous for them too. We do it all over again tonight and this time I'm adding an element...they are going to be announced before the routine one at a time. They are not very happy about that but I noticed a lot of spectators leaving their seats and doing concessions and things like that while the girls were doing thier routine. Cheerleaders are a part of Basketball and should get the respect of at least being watched while they perform.
Thanks to one of my girls, we now have a little skip in our music. I asked her to stop the tape during practice yesterday and she pushed record instead. So now we have a little silent part in our routine but the girls pushed right past it during the game. Hopefully I'll be able to find the same music soon so I can do another tape. Only about three more weeks of all of this and the season is over. Then I have the task of speaking in front of 200 people at the awards banquet and I'm not looking forward to that. I am gonna throw up I just know it! ARGH!!!
So, what else is happening in Julie's world? Not a whole lot. The truck had some issues and has been in the shop for a couple of days. We got it back last night after shelling out almost $1000.00 to get it fixed. Talk about wanting to throw up! It really put hubby in a pissy mood too. We have been so "nice" lately, in a perfect place in our relationship, and yesterday flushed all that right down the potty. He is now back to being irritable and all he does is sits there and says nothing. I'm upset about having to spend the money also but Hey, it's too late now and it couldn't have been helped! We need two vehicles, just like most people do nowadays. I'm hoping that he gets over it soon. I talked to him this morning, he's at work, and he is having issues at the mill too. He had put in for two different vacations, one in February and one in May, and both got denied. It's all just political shit that happens at mills and, someone throwing thier weight around, and Hubby is getting the raw end of the stick! He is taking it to the mill manager today and I'll be sitting here waiting for a phone call, praying he doesn't loose his temper and get fired! He has so much bottled up right now and it scares me! God, do we need a REAL vacation!
Weather in Maine is sucky! Since my only readers are Maine folk, you all know what I'm talking about. I miss WHITE! I miss SKIING! I miss WALKS IN THE SNOW! I Do love the warm temps and it IS saving on the fuel bill but this is ridiculous. Hmmm, I haven't had any birds to my feeders either...anyone out there know why?
I read something in a magazine last night that I thought was interesting and I wanted to share it. In todays technological world, people have stopped paying attention to proper grammar skills. We use abbreviations more and more and put our own spin on simple words...I'm a huge one for writing the word COOL as KEWL! You all know what I'm saying. Well, this article was about words from the dictionary widely misspelled...here's the list! Amazingly I spell them all RIGHT, except for when my fingers don't push the right keys of course...at least I knew the proper spelling....(For Mel: I just happen to know that you spell a few of these wrong because you've done it typing to me! HAHA)
WRONG...............................................RIGHT
~definately..........................................definitely
~seperate............................................separate
~wierd.................................................weird
~accomodate......................................accommodate
~liason.................................................liaison
~recieve..............................................receive
~rediculous.........................................ridiculous
~nieve.................................................naive
~perogative........................................prerogative
~adament...........................................adamant
~persue..............................................pursue
~genious.............................................genius
~truely................................................truly
~sence.................................................sense

This is just a list of a few that I know about! Come on peeps...lets show the rest of the world that we are not idiots in the USA~ We are well educated people and we DO know how to spell!
Kisses to all...have a great day and weekend!